A Personal Tax Return is filed by over 9 million UK citizens number each year and are rising steadily as more and more people are required to complete a personal self assessment tax return.
PGA Self Assessment specialise in preparing value for money personal tax returns for individuals and landlords starting from £75, you can use our instant quote tool by clicking the link above to see how little our service costs.
There are many reason s why an individual would be required to complete a Personal Tax Return.
The most common examples are:
Personal Tax Return for Higher Rate Tax Payers
Personal Tax Return for Company Directors
Personal Tax Return for Claiming a PAYE Refund
Personal Tax Return for Claiming a Refund when leaving the UK
Below are the most common examples of why you would be required to complete a personal tax return by HMRC
If you have income above £2,500 from Land or Property (buy to let, holiday let, renting out a second home) It is desirable for you to complete a tax return even if your income is not above the compulsory threshold as you may have losses that can be carried forward to reduce your tax bill in future years.
- If you are a Company Director or If you are self employed
- If you earn above £100,000
- If you have Income from a pension and a salary
- If you are a 40% income tax payer and have savings income or dividend income
- If you receive income from investments that are not taxed at source
- Income from foreign sources
- Income subject to capital gains tax
- If you have any other forms of income that is not taxed at source and should be disclosed
A Personal Tax Return can also be filed using free software supplied by HMRC, however, if you wish to have your return prepared by experienced qualified accountants then the small cost of using our services will almost certainly pay for itself in the amount of tax that we are able to save you.
We provide a quick and efficient service preparing many personal tax returns and it is very easy to sign up with us as a client, you can check the cost of using our services using the instant quote tool at the top of this page.